Firefox lets you import settings and information from Safari. This can be handy when you start using Firefox because it saves you from having to configure many things yourself.
When you run Firefox for the first time, the Import Wizard will ask if you want to import settings and information from other browsers you already have installed.
If you have already passed this step, you can still import your settings and information.
The Import Wizard
- In the menu bar, click the File menu, and select Import....
- Firefox can import settings and information from many other browsers. It will list browsers on your system that it can import from. Select Safari, then click
- Select the items you want to import, then click
- Preferences: Various settings, including your home page. Since Firefox and Safari have different features, Firefox won't be able to import all of your settings.
- Cookies: Small files stored on your computer by some web sites that are used to keep you logged in, store your options, or do other things.
- Browsing History: Information on the sites you have visited.
- Bookmarks: Web pages you have saved in your Safari bookmarks.
- A summary of items you have imported will be listed. Click
to close the import wizard.